Venus in Taurus will retrograde Spring and Summer 2020 here are the important dates:
- Venus in Taurus – March 27
- Venus enters Retrograde Shadow – April 9
- Venus Stationary Retrograde – May 12
- Venus Stationary Direct – June 25
- Venus leaves Retrograde Shadow – July 28
- Venus in Gemini – July 31
Taurus, Venus’ Earth sign home (Libra is its air sign home) is the sign of CONVENTIONAL CONDUCT—that is the aesthetic and behavioral expectations we encounter based on the social designations of race, class, gender, and sexuality. This applies to both secular cultural expectations as well as those of religious communities. Here is where we are focused during this year’s Venus retrograde.
Venus was last retrograde in Taurus in 2012. That is of significance because the eclipses were in Taurus and Scorpio, just like they are this year, during that Venus Rx.
Scorpio articulates the human AUTONOMOUS INSTINCT—that is the physiological and psychic mechanisms of survival. Together Taurus and Scorpio are survival strategies that teach us how to come into a right relationship with how much of the burden of survival is individual and how much is shared.
Taurus and Scorpio also offer us language to understand why some emotions are easier for us to access and express while others are suppressed or repressed. These two signs certainly have much to teach us about how we manage the emotional reactions of others through our own behavior. Safe versus dangerous are the only two ways of judging people, places, and things as far as Taurus and Scorpio are concerned.
Venus Retrograde Journal & Reflection Questions
Here are some journaling and reflection questions to ask and answer as you move through the 2020 Venus retrograde.
- From which communities and people do you seek validation?
- What does this validation look like?
- How do you change your appearance and behavior in order to be validated and accepted?
- How is your understanding of your race, gender identity, class designation, and sexual identity changing based on the current cultural climate?
- What role does your race, gender identity, class designation, or sexual identity play in the kind of validation you seek?
- What are the consequences of receiving the validation you seek?
- What emotions do you find it easiest to express or perform?
- What emotions do you struggle to feel, access, or express?
- Where can you find roots of these struggles and proclivities in your past or upbringing?
- How are you coming to terms with the reality of your emotional identity and its impact on your relationships?
- What are, or have been in the past, the personal and relational consequences of emotional presence and authenticity (expressing or performing your emotional reactions as soon as they arise)?
- What are, or have been in the past, the personal and relational consequences of performative emotional behaviors (expressing feelings that are meant to illicit a particular response or disarm others)?
Now through April 15, 2020 get 15% all 30-minute and 60-minute readings using the code WEGONBEALRIGHT. Book here.
3 Replies to “Social Skills: Venus Retrograde 2020”